rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have six prints by Frederick Remington labeled artist's

Customer Question

I have six prints by Frederick Remington labeled artist's proof. Do they have any sell value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Artist and interior designer
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: These prints belonged to my mother-in-law. I have no idea how long she had them nor where they were purchased.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the prints,
signatures and back of completed framing where there might be labels or writing.Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm having trouble adding files. Can I send them another way?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to send pictures. Do you have an emetic I can send them. Attaching not working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'd like to get my money's worth from this effort.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I got the same picture (IMG_0019.JPG)

three times, so the attach files is working but you need to only add one photo at a time and hit send after each one selected.

I think you might have tried to add them as a batch and that is why only one was added.

If you still experience any trouble with this tool, you can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

These are Remington prints from Collier's Magazine and were mass-produced for resale, created circa 1906 to 1912. They were offered in the magazine by mail order for about $1.00 each, and often re-printed in different sizes, also grouped in folios with titles such as "Remington's Best Paintings." These were marketed as Artist's Proofs, a term that deceivingly suggests that these were prints pulled first from the press for Remington's approval. The "Artist's Proof" tags also have a simulated Remington signature, another factor that fools the untrained eye.

These prints have a current value of $20 each retail, so it would be $120 for the set of six framed prints.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.