Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 1960's era french provincial couch, chair, marble

Customer Question

I have a 1960's era french provincial couch, chair, marble topped drum table, and marble topped end table to sell. These were my parents and I've been hanging on to them but no interest. The couch and chair need re upholstered. The drum table needs wire "screening" replaced on the front of the doors. Marble is intact and excellent condition. Do you know a possible value and where I could sell these?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure - I've never done this before. Structurally, they're all in good shape. Cushions are gone. They won't be useable until re-upholstered.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK - it will take a bit. My sister is storing it. I'll get back to you by tomorrow.

Sure, I will send a reminder tomorrow if I don't hear from you.

Just a reminder to add photos when you can. Thanks!