Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have antique books some well over 125 years old I need a

Customer Question

I have antique books some well over 125 years old I need a valuation on. Can you helpwith that?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have each and every book left by my aunt, But there are many. Is there a place I can go to to look?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I don't understand
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

I can take one of your books in this one question. Then I can give suggestions on how you might value/sell the others.

Please know that age of a book often does not matter unless it it is over 200 years old. Value depends on several factors - mainly, the number that were printed, then age and condition of book.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send a clear photo of the book title page.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris