Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have these porcelain dolls 6 inches boy and girl wearing

Customer Question

I have these porcelain dolls 6 inches boy and girl wearing christmas clothes I can't find tem anywhere
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I find similar dolls. these may be brother and sister the boy is wearing red overalls with a green pocket and a santa hat and the girl is wearing a red dress and has blonde hair
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Painted on boots. Legs are porcelain up to the knees
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks back of her neck or shoulder.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had to take pics first

There are no photos here if you meant to say that you added them already.

Add the photos at your convenience. I will get an email when you respond with pictures. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sent a picture, and I can't get the dress off without tearing it

Are there any marks on the back of the necks or on the areas of the bodies (or any tags on the clothes)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't find any marks the legs and arms are only porcelain halfway up and joined to the body with little things that look like ropes.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

These are vintage Christmas theme decorative dolls from the 1980's that were made in either Taiwan, Hong Kong or China. They were sold in the five and dime stores during the holidays. On today's market, and most especially prior to the Christmas, this pair could sell online for $5 - $15 for the two.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora