rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an antique cookie jar- it's blue and and says, Sorry

Customer Question

I have an antique cookie jar- it's blue and white and says
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Sorry - can I send picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It says Graupen on front
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

I got two photos of the front (same photo). Please add one of the bottom.

(I do no t participate in the phone service if that is what you were saying no to)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All that's on bottom

This is a Villeroy and Boch of Dresden Germany porcelain

jar decorated in blue and white with the word Graupen on the front, the German word

for Groats/Pearl Barley. This is not a cookie jar but an oats jar and would have been part of

a set for oats, rice, sugar, flour, etc. The jar dates from 1874 to 1920 when they were using this mark.

This jar has a value of $100 to $140 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Ioffer.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to leave a feedback by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!Just click Leave a Review and the percentage-based bonus option should be there. Thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.