Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a porcelin or bisque statue of a lady my grandfather

Customer Question

I have a porcelin or bisque statue of a lady my grandfather gave my grandmother in the early 1900 - Mark on bottom reads: Germany (RW in a sort of logo - shaped like apointed heart or vase) 3550 Any idea
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: under the RW it reads Audolsta Dt (could also be Auoolsta DT) and is stamped with the number 3550. I think purchased somewhere around Atlantic City
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please let me know from the information I gave you - do not have the ability to send a photo
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When can I expect an answer?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 days ago.

Certainly.

If it indeed marked RW that is the mark of what is still labeled an 'unknown maker' by doll collectors and historians. Though the doll in the link may not resemble yours, it is an example of one with an RW mark. This one was made around 1900 offered with an estimate of $100 - $150 and sold for under estimate at $60. Unfortunately, after the Recession, the doll market has slumped markedly. Most dolls are now garnering only 10% - 15% of what they sold for prior to the Recession.

http://auctions.pacgal.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=S1112++++179+&refno=++209051

I can help further if you would like to send images at a later date here. There is not a time limit, so you can take as long as you need.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora