Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to et some information and approx value of a

Customer Question

I am trying to et some information and approx value of a pocket watch
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a Western Railroad 15 year service award. Awarded April 23, 1894. My great grandfather received the award and elected a ladies watch fir my Great grandmother. It I 14kt US Assay gold It has a small diamond on one side. It is a Waltham pocket Watch and the number on it is 25117
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It runs and both side open and close. The date dates are engraved on it as well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HHE Waltham is in cursive on the watch
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case.

Add pictures one at a time( add one, hit send, then do the next).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am unable to upload photos, I get error messages and also messages that say the file is too big. I am also unable to get to the mechanism of the watch.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

There is an opening on the cuvee (dust cover that goes over the mechanism) at the

2 o' clock position on the cuvee. With the leverage of a pocket knife edge, this can be popped open to reveal

the movement of the watch. That serial number is ***** to determining the value of the watch.