Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an at least 6 foot elephant tusk predated 6-3-63 an

Customer Question

I have an at least 6 foot elephant tusk predated 6-3-63 an is inscriped by a pgymy tribe is it worth antything
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: wait a minute pretty heavy
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it is inscribed by pgyms that my husbands dad received when he worked for Libby's and traveled around the world to help me grow food. It was given to him as a gift with some writing
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 13 days ago.

Your question is able to be viewed by all the experts online. If someone knows the answer they will respond to you here.

~Nora

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

At your convenience, please provide photos of the tusk and inscription, as well as any written material that came with it.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

I responded to your question yesterday and asked for pictures. Now I see you've opened the same question a second time, and Support has closed it.

We can continue here if you are ready to provide pictures.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the pictures are on my cell phone how do I get them to you?
Debbe
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 12 days ago.

No problem Debbe!