Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a number of original copies of The Strand Magazine,

Customer Question

I have a number of original copies of The Strand Magazine, mostly from around the turn of the last century. Some are in quite good condition while others are missing covers/wrappers. Is there a way of assigning approximate values to the good ones so they can be offered for sale?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I could provide a list of the issues I feel are worthy of sale if that would help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

How many do you have in total of the magazine?

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In the range of 230 or so.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

What years do they span?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The vast majority would be from 1900 - 1920.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

This link for you should help you determine the average sale prices for runs of the magazine by volume/years as well as introductions of storylines and their retail value. Click on the blue text here below.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&recentlyadded=all&sortby=1&tn=the+strand+magazine

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora