Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My mom has a 3 series of drawings. All have a seal from The

Hello, my mom has a 3 series of drawings. All have a seal from The Highbee Co. Cleveland picture gallery however, only one has a complete number, 7847. The other two are smaller in size but all seem to be related. The biggest has a signature that appears to read Farley L. and one of the smallest has the initials MRM.
I have not be able to find any kind of information.

There are only photos of the Higbee label attached here that I can see on my end.

Please add image of the drawings and signatures at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My apologies, here there are.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

You have a set of original hand colored etched prints as evidenced by the signature in margin and the platemark or indent around the picture image. Prints were done in multiples whereas a drawing is a one of a kind. These are Hungarian in origin. The one with the initials p.f. is titled Hungarian Hunter, as he is a man with hunting rifle. I may be able to translate the others if you can provide more clear, in-focus images of the wording. The one with the man on horseback refers to "soldiers came"....

These date to the mid 20th century. They were exported, framed and sold through decorative housewares department of Higbees. Are they framed altogether as one? If so, this can sell for as high as $70 - $100 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am very sorry for the delay on replying. The drawings are framed individually. Let me know if these pictures are a bit better. Thank you for your excellent service.

No worries :) I will check over the pictures for you here. ~Nora

Thank you for the images. There are just two attached here on my end. The one with the man with rifle is the "Hungarian Hunter" which is what the title translates to be.

I would need to see clear, in-focus close-ups of just the writing on the other two to see if I can translate them each.

Individually framed, each can sell for $30 - $40 per picture.

~Nora