LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Can you give me a circa on this Santa Claus. I think it was

Customer Question

Can you give me a circa on this Santa Claus. I think it was my grandmothers . She was born in 1891. He has a painted wooden face, hands and shoes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

In order to properly assess what you have, I would really need to see more clear, in-focus images of this item. Please send them at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
here is another pic
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

I apologize, I am not able to date this Santa from the images provided. In order for me to properly assess what you have, I would really need to see more clear, in-focus images of this item.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

My apologies, I am not able to determine the information you seek based on the photos.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I have gone over your photos and enlarged them, focused them and gone over the details to this piece. It looks to be German, hand carved and from circa 1920-1930s The clothes are of course newer and probably had clothes of all kinds at one point. Some families kept these Santas out on display year round and his clothes would change with the seasons. Very nice Santa has been well taken care of and in great condition. The value on him is 85.00-125.00 I can judge his size and have reviewed the photos thoroughly. Thank you for sharing this Santa.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That solved the mystery as my great grand parents came over from Hanburg Germany.

Hello, I am glad I was able to help Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the company for my work. It does not cost you anything more then what you have already paid.

Hello I wanted to see if you had other questions on your santa and if not please take a minute to rate my answer and help as this is how I am paid from the company it does not cost you anything more then what has been paid. Thank you so much.

Hi I ws just checking in to see if I may be of further help on this santa. If i have helped you completely please rate my answer so I may be paid for my work. It does not cost you any more it is strictly how I get paid for my work and research.