Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a teapot - bottom says ELLGREAVE Division of & sons

Customer Question

I have a teapot - bottom says ELLGREAVE Division of wood & sons england and is stamped ironstone . Has gold around rim of pot, gold on spout & handle and pn lod. Has cluster of blue flowers centered on each side and on one side is a spray of blue flowers on either side of cluster. In PERFECT SHAPE ! AM CURIOS OF APPROXImate value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Do I need to send picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Yeah maybe. In center of stamp on bottom (in a horse shoe shape) are the words : Rap
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the teapot.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will send picture as soon as I can get to my phone. Also words in a horse shoe pattern, within the stamp, that says RALPH 1750. MOSES 1751. ENOCH 1784

There is no hurry on my part.