Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a HD Sterioscope. with 50 cards of Sears Roebuck &

Customer Question

I have a HD White Sterioscope. with 50 cards of Sears Roebuck & Co. in Chicago. They show the building and all the people working there. It has a Fire department, a hospital. The People who work there are mostly men and women. The Merchandise buildings, the railroad yard, The grocery department, Jewelry department, clothing departments. "
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There are some children working there too. The cards were with my father's things. He has been gone a long time now. There are 50 cards in good condition. My name is*****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 month ago.

Hello Gail,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

The stereoscope was a major source of entertainment for folks before television was invented.

Your cards were published circa 1906 - 1908.

If the viewer and the cards are all in excellent condition, the current value of the cards is approximately $150 for the set and the value of the viewer is approximately $125. Those are the retail(insurance or replacement) values. If you were to sell these, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $60 for the cards and $50 for the viewer, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Gail.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Gail,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you.