Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Madonna figurine that is about 10 3/4" tall. It

Customer Question

I have a Madonna figurine that is about 10 3/4 " tall. It does have the halo. She is wearing a light blue cape over her head and shoulders and reaches the floor behind her. Her floor length gown or dress is floor length and is mostly pink with white on the high areas. She is wearing what I call a rosary (chain) painted either gold or brown with a cross on the end of it. She has a cord around her neck that is yellow and hangs more than half way down the front. On the bottom is the TMK 2, large Bee with the word Germany. Etched into the base is also what looks like the letters "HM" and the number 95. The number 45 represents the madonna with halo so I thought possibly I am reading the 4 as a 9. The robe and dress look nothing like the #45 Madonna. The robe flares out from her head to the floor. I was think this might have been an ear version of madonna with halo or an experimental piece. Then again it could be a forgery but I questioned that because of the large Bee and germany on the bottom. If you can shed any light on this I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks, Mac
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: If you can send me your email I will try to send you a couple scans I have of the object in question.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can see on it. If you can send me your email I have a couple scans of the item I can send you also.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please post clear pictures of the figure taken from all angles, and a clear photo of the marks on the bottom.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.