Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We found some china in our attic. It has a U.C France

Customer Question

We found some china in our attic. It has a U.C France limoges mark, is white with gold trim and has 3 gold initials on all the plates, cups, lids etc. What is this china? Value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: We have some pics we took also if you need to see them.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No there are in perfect condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

How many pieces and what are they?

Hello

You must respond here, not on a new question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are 11 plates, salad plates, cups, saucers, a cream and sugar, 2 servers with lids
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry about that. There are so many popups I got a little confused.

Hi

No problem at all..Sorry about the pop ups.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Union Ceramique China, Limoges France, 1918-1925 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of plates- 25.00-30.00 each, salad plates-20.00-22.50, cups, saucers-30.00-35.00 each set , cream and sugar- 55.00-65.00,servers with lids-40.00-50.00 each depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Glenda,
.
To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your answer. I guess I'm trying to understand what the 3 initials are too. Was this personalized china or was it the initials of something with U.C France Limoges? So does all of their china have 3 initials on each piece like that by the gold trim?

Yes they were special orders. No their china is not all marked with monograms like this.

most likely these were a wedding gift.

.
Glenda,
.
.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
does that increase their value or decrease it?

It is the value I stated, this value took in consideration that they are monogrammed. It might be just a little lower then without.

.
Glenda,
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this, so I can get rated, then compensated from the site for my time.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda