Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have 1 of 250 autographs of Dale Earnhardt Sr. from Daytona

Customer Question

Have 1 of 250 autographs of Dale Earnhardt Sr. from Daytona 500. Which he won ! time only they were signed in victoty circle
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: the signature has been authenticated and rated. I have been told that the photograph belongs in a museum as Dale Earnhardt Sr. sign very few autographs that night in Victory Circle. I believe about 500 signatures that night. I would like to know how to place this photo in an auction in New York or what do you recommend?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: this picture was taken in the winners circle by race maxx and ready to sign in 20 min that is how i have dale in a great race night photo hand signed most all other autographs by dale were signed by his staff as he hated to sign his name and he also signed less than any driver period
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photo of the piece.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris