Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have an antique clock, about 18" high, that was apparently

Customer Question

I have an antique clock, about 18" high, that was apparently made by Robert QW King from Philadelphia in the 1920's. It also includes a sticker from William Heine from the same city, cated 1928,
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: dated 1928. I am trying to determine its value so I can decide whether to insure it, sell it or pass it along to a family member. Any guidance would be appreciated.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I dom nt believe that the clock works and the face needa s some restoration work
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 10 days ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

If your clock is not working, its value is minimal. No one wants to buy a non-working clock (unless it is something very rare and valuable) because it is impossible to know ahead of time what the repairs will cost. Also, if the face needs restoration, that's an expensive repair.

Robert QW King was not a famous clockmaker. Robert Heine was the retailer who sold/repaired the clock in 1928.

My advice to you is to give the clock to a family member who is wiling to put in an unknown amount of money to get the clock working again, although, speaking monetarily, it will not result in a valuable clock.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!