Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 20"x24" oil painting on stretched canvas titled

Customer Question

I have a 20"x24" oil painting on stretched canvas titled "Funeral Procession" signed Ellis WILson does it have monetary value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Mr Wilson was a respected artist who painted Black life and cultrue. He lived 1899-1977
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: This painting was used on a poster for the Harlem Renaissance
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

What is the size in inches not including the frame? Please do not remove from the frame.

Is the piece under glass?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the back and front of the piece.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris