Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have the following Wallace Grand Barogue Sterling Silver

Customer Question

I have the following Wallace Grand Barogue Sterling Silver from my grandmother and want to know the insurance value:
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have the following:
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have over 90 items. Thank you for your assistance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

To give you an accurate appraisal I need to know what you have. How many place settings do you have, and which pieces are in each place setting? Which additional pieces do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
13 demi tasse spoons; 6 round soup spoons;16 spoons; 1 spoon with a design on 2 sides; 1 butter spreader;1 pie server;1 ladle;1 cold meat fork;3 large serving spoons;8 butter knives;8 ice tea spoons;8 small 3 pronged forks-looks like for a shrimp cocktail and an additional one that the prongs are larger; 8 salad forks;6 dinner forks;6 dinner knives
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello? Pls respond.
Thank you

Hello again. Thanks for this list. I'm going to do some research and get back to you in a few moments.

Back with you now.

Grande Baroque is one of my favorite flatware patterns. It was first produced by Gorham in 1941.

If all your pieces are in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your set of flatware is approximately $9,400. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $3,760, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!