Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found a M. Raatikainen painting in my grandmother's

Customer Question

I found a M. Raatikainen painting in my grandmother's belongings. Does this man's work have any value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is signed in the right hand lower corner and dated 1922. The picture has rocks lining a driveway. Four buildings 2 red, a beige, 1 grey all surrounded by trees. The foreground is green (grass) with 2 mounds with scattering of tiny pinkish flowers (dots).
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It was rolled up and it is now flat on a piece of plywood. The condition is rather good (except for being rolled up) paint is bright.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can send images via my cell phone to another phone, I do not own a Smart phone.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will get the photo on a DVD and attach it to an email, tomorrow.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Great, thank you. No rush - there is not a time limit here. ~Nora