Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some porcelain plates, etc. I can not find out who

Customer Question

I have some porcelain plates, etc. I can not find out who made them or if they should be insured. Looks like a Blue Willow pattern. Blue stamp on bottom looks like palm tree, beehive and some other things. rectangle with the word ORIENTAL below that intials WR and then ENGLAND. Any sugesstions
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it looks like the plates have a blue number stamped on the back. The two plates I am looking at have 15 and 16
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

What size are the plates?

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of a plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris