Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an 8 inch tall newcomb vase that is blue with a

Customer Question

Hey. Yes! I have an 8 inch tall newcomb vase that is blue with a flower design on it. I see the newcomb marking. In addition i see 179, KX 35 and something hard to see (maybe triangle) with a K with a circle around it. Know my mother inherited from my grandmother 40 years ago. Curious how to go about finding out value. Thanks so much!
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Bottom of vase is about 4 1/2 inches wide. Very top of vase is slightly less than 2 1/2 inches.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send photo of front and another of the back.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm still waiting on an answer.
Expert:  Doris replied 5 months ago.

Please send the photos I requested.

That is the cause for the delay.

Kind regards,

Doris