Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a few things that old but not sure what they are

Customer Question

I have a few things that old but not sure what they are worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a metal coin holder. It has a chain on it and when you open it it has areas where the coins go into.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has initials on it. I got it from my grandfather when died. I know it is old but not sure how old
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of the item. It is unclear what type of item you are asking about.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the piece.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris