Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a teacup and saucer. The backstamp says EW Princess

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a teacup and saucer. The backstamp says EW Princess China. Made in Japan and it is numbered 3/337. I have seen similar patterns "moss rose" but non have the same cold accents or exact pattern of these pieces. How can I find out what they actually are?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Boy I cannot type. gold accents.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The bottom of the cup is scalloped and when the cup is upside down the base is square not round. There is a slight gold trim on the lip of the cup and on the outside of the cup there is gold accent in more of a scroll work pattern. The front of the cup has a larger floral display than the back of the cup and the inside of the cup has the large rose floral detail and smaller rose details all the way around. The saucer is similar in that it is scalloped with a larger rose in the center and smaller roses and gold scroll work as well as the gold on the edge of the saucer. The handle has a thin gold accent down the middle but it does not cover the whole handle.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the pieces that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks on the bottom.

The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.