Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How do I send pictures???

Customer Question

How do I send pictures???
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I sent a one picture! . . . . but, I'm not sure it's received?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 5 months ago.

I did get it, I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I can see your picture. What is your question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To be sure, what picture did you receive? I sent a statement mentioning that I have a group of 4" X 6" cards that are
hand works of inked art that show overall scenes with hidden characters such people, animals or whatever. This
type of art was popular in the late 1800s. The pictures that I have came from Portugal. My question is: Do they have any
value? I have 19 pictures. Do I need to send more? . . . . Regards, Richard

Hi again Richard.

I can see one picture - the one with the cat in the tree. The inscription is clearly Portuguese.

Are any of the drawings signed? Can you provide a few more pictures? No need to post all 19.

One more question: the one picture I saw appears to be a picture printed on the card, as opposed to being hand drawn. Is that possible? And what is the significance of the number 4508 and the printed translation? Okay, that's two questions!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Question #2 (above) I have Photo Pictures of all cards. All original cards were photographed with a tripod and camera to
prevent wear and tear. I printed the titles on all the Photos. The translation from Portuguese to English is hand written on
the back of each original card (my mother's script). I cannot detect any and "signing" on each card. Last question: A four
digit number appears on each Photographed card. No number appears on any original. Reference: I am 84 years old, my
mother died @ 89. Her maiden name is***** was born in Fall River, Massachusetts and I think her parents were born
in the Azore Islands, Portugal. . . . . . . . How do I get back to send more photos page? . . . . . . Regards, ***** *****

Richard,

Here is some help with uploading photos:

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I made error in last reply 1/4/2017
Last question: A four digit number appears on each Original Card. No number appears on any Photograph. (CORRECT)Regards, ***** *****

Thank you, ***** ***** you be posting those additional pictures?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I posted approx. 6 - 7 more pictures 1/4/2017. I received another email from you today 1/5/2017 titled "Our Apologies"
which states you can't help me.Regards, ***** *****

Richard,

You didn't receive that from me. I'm still waiting for those pictures.To whom did you send them? Would you mind posting that email here? It didn't come from me and I don't know who sent it to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Judith, . . . . I went to the site that you referred . It's labeled, IMGUR. There is no "Computer" word. There is a
word labled , New Post so I pressed it and instructions tell me to "Browse or drag images here". I'll try to send images again.Regards, Richard
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We feel a little sheepish
You came to us with a Antiques question, and while we tried to find the right Antique Expert for you, it seems we came up short. Please know that we hate sending this email – we’re all about answers here at JustAnswer (it’s even in our name!) and unfortunately we couldn’t help find one for you this time.

That is absurd, Richard! I'm going to contact Support to find out what happened. In the meantime, it's easy to post your pictures right here. Click on this link and it's pretty simple.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert and follow the directions. It's the way you posted your first picture, above.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Judith. . . . . I sent 7 pictures yesterday as you suggested. (SEE BELOW)
Today is 1/6/2017."You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer."

Hi Richard.

Did you get an email from Support, confirming that they received your pictures and were forwarding them to me?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did receive a message from Support to me and also messages to the the researchers. My message telling me to go to Support @ justanswer.com. There was no message telling me that my pictures were received. Although, I did see a listing of the pictures on that page. I followed your instructions. I'm now going back to your last response and try and use: http.
justanswer.com/how-do- i- send-photo-or-file-expert

I am so sorry about this, Richard. Thanks for your patience!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard Engel THIS IS WHAT THEY RECEIVED (All pictures jpeg & Attachments)
Jan 6, 16:01 PSTPlease forward pictures to “Judith On Antiques.From: Richard M. Engel -***@******.***
DSCF4500 (2).jpeg
DSCF4503 (1).jpeg
DSCF4505 (1).jpeg
DSCF4508 (2).jpeg
DSCF4509 (2).jpeg
DSCF4488 (2).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_be4.jpegAttachment(s)
DSCF4500 (2).jpeg
DSCF4503 (1).jpeg
DSCF4505 (1).jpeg
DSCF4508 (2).jpeg
DSCF4509 (2).jpeg
DSCF4488 (2).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_be4.jpeg

I'm more interested in what you received. Did you get a message that said they had received your pictures and were forwarding them to me?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
06 January 2017 4:38 Calif. Time (Again, see previous message sent to you showing: Please forward pics to "Judith-on- antiques".
I did receive a message from Support to me and also messages to the the researchers. My message telling me to go to Support @ justanswer.com. There was no message telling me that my pictures were received. Although, I did see a listing of the pictures on that page. The previous message that I sent to you shows a list of the photos that were received. As a matter of fact, I clicked one of the attachments and a picture popped up!

If you didn't get a message saying they received your pictures, then they haven't received them. As for your pictures, the links worked for you because you posted them. If you look at the links you posted above, they will not open - that's because you didn't post them as links. I'm not sure whom you mean when you say "the researchers". I'm the one who does the research.

Please write to***@******.*** and ask for help. Someone will assist you. Their email is***@******.*** - no capital letters and no spaces.