Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have approximately 30 pieces of cranberry glass from my in

Customer Question

I have approximately 30 pieces of cranberry glass from my in laws estate that we would like to sell. What is the best way to sell it?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: did you see my message above?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: about the cranberry glas?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You will want to list each one individually and not all at the same time, parcel them out over a period of a month.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I know where to start the price on the cranberry glass? Check ebay?
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

You will want to look at the past sold prices on Ebay, not asking prices. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records. If you go to advanced search on ebay, there is a ox to check mark for past auction sales, it shows the last 60 days of sales. You can also do a sign up for worthpoint.com which shows about a decade of past auction sales from auction houses and ebay on there. Another method, which will allay research time, is to just start each piece at an opening bid price such as $9.99, $19.99 or even $99.99 and let the market carry the auction.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora