Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a copyrighted western print by Theobals dated 12907

Customer Question

I have a copyrighted western print by Theobals dated 12907 and copyrighted 1908. Can you tell me anything about the artist ?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The picture is of a Cowgirl standing alongside her horse, dressed in the fashion of Cowboy hat,red shirt, brown long skirt and bladk boots.She has a belt full of bullets. The background is of desert and mountains.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I believe the painting has been cut down due to torn edges. The copy is 10"tall and 5" wide and could be a watercolor.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

What is the size of the painting or print, not including the frame? Please do not remove from the frame. Inches, please.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send photos of the front and any writing on the back.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris