rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Marcroft vase 9 inches tall - 27 inches round World War II

Customer Question

Marcroft vase 9 inches tall - 27 inches round World War II my uncle brought to my mom. Marked "potter to the queen and signed by Marcroft
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The vase is perfect condition, cobalt blue background , the flowers are perhaps large orchids or gladiolus with other small flowers in background
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: apparently it would have been Queen Mary as to "potter to the queen"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot do that today. I did give a description and it is a Marcroft vase World War II - I thought I could get somewhat of an idea by doing what I was first asked.

I think you mean Moorcroft (there was no potter named Marcroft).

The marks and the description indicate a date of 1940 and this Moorcroft Pottery

vase from England would have a value of $200 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Ioffer.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.