Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Pearl... and I am having difficulty determining the maker of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl... my name is ***** ***** I am having difficulty determining the maker of a Silver Egg cup that has the Leiters CH written in Gothic and overlaid on one another (large and in the middle of the silver egg cup. There is other inscriptions ... Argenteria Wellner Firenzw which makes me think it is italian and not british. Can you help me identify please?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: oops .. that Firenze
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.

The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

I can answer without photos.

This is an Italian silver-plated (not sterling) egg cup made by Wellner Firenze, a German run company in Firenze, Italy

with this mark having been used in the 1930's. The company made restaurant, hotel and cruise ship ware, so the monogram

of CH on the piece is the mark or logo of the hotel or ship that the piece was made for (unknown).

This egg cup would have a value of 30AUD retail.

You can read more about the company and the origins here- http://www.ascasonline.org/windowGIUGN61.html

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.