Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I posses a a ceramic cup and saucer with the words Alt Wein

Customer Question

I posses a a ceramic cup and saucer with the words Alt Wein onthe underside The cup in lavishly decorated with Scenesndepepicing a crinolyn lady and genltle man in a, possibly 1800 suit. the lower half of the cup is plainer in decor and of a grass green background. The base is painted with Alt Wein in gold with the number 12 in oramge above these letters and numbers are surmounted with the shield in blue. Is there any significence in these markings???????
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The pair are also heavily decorated inside in gold and the feet of the cup and handle are also decorated in gold
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send photos of the cup.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words/and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris