Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have what I think is a napkin ring. Markings are & co.

Customer Question

I have what I think is a napkin ring. Markings are Rogers & co. Quadruple 234. Is this silver plate ? Does this have any value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Where do I go?
JA: Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is engraved with the date Oct 8th, 01
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: There is a heavy figure of a boy that was attached to it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

The word quadruple indicates this is silverplate (as well as the absence of the word sterling). The vast majority of silverplate is not as valuable as sterling silver, however figural napkin rings are quite collectible. Yours may be a depiction of a Kate Greenaway character and depending on which one you have, the sell for lows of $40 - $50, average highs of $200 and a record high of $956. I will be happy to help assess the value of the one you have if you can please provide images, there is not an extra charge for adding photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora