Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Colonial tube clock, model 1219, #12732 centered on

Customer Question

I have a Colonial tube hall clock, model 1219, #12732 centered on the back plate of the works. It was cleaned and serviced about 4 years ago and is in good working order, all original glass, and the case, with black finish, in near perfect condition. Questions- what is the value of this clock and what is the best way to sell it? I live in Jacksonville,FL and wonder if there is a knowledgeable dealer in my area?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Is there an appraiser in my area?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It was owned by a former midwestern governor. Don't know if that would make a difference in the appraised value.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the expert can answer .

Kind regards,

Rarewares

Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
photos attached
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. Your Colonial long case clock could sell for up to $5000 on today's market. The provenance, or former ownership, helps with sale-ability, but does not add more to value in this case. I do not recommend offering this direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of lowest perceived value. I suggest a local consignment shop who will pick this up and move it safely for you. You can also try listing it online through Craigslist or a Facebook sale forum in your area. As well, you can try Chairish.com. The benefit of Chairish is that they send a white glove service at the buyers expense to move and ship this for you. You do not want to handle the packing and shipping logistics of a clock, which is difficult.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora