Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a hand painted flower ceramic bowl, I'm trying to

Customer Question

I have a hand painted flower ceramic bowl, I'm trying to enclose 2 photos of the bowl. The bottom is signed and the bowl itself. Please let me know what you think.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the pictures and I will work on this and get back to you shortly.

All four photos were of the bottom. I would also need to see one of the piece as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is a few more images

You have an Italian majolica pottery bowl from the Santarelli factory which was located in the town of Gauldo Tadino. While it was not decorated by Santarelli himself, it was most certainly executed by one his more talented decorators. The writing displayed on the base is typical of that in use from about 1910 through the early 1940's.

Pieces from the Santarelli factory have always been highly collectible and remain so today but that is for his artistic ceramics. This bowl was meant simply to be used as everyday tableware, called stoviglieri in Italian.

This bowl has a current value of $400 to $600 retail.

Below is the passage about Santarelli as it appears in my book.

"Alfredo Santarelli (1874-1957), born in 1874 into a family of horseshoers, opened his first workshop in the 1910 in Gauldo Tadino. Santarelli’s renown as a ceramics artist was well known long before he opened his own operation. The shop was located in the same building where the 17th century ceramicist Francisco Biagioli had his kiln. Between 1899 and 1927 he garnered more awards than perhaps any other artist of the time. He talent even caught the eye of the royalty. King Vittorio Emmanuelle II was so impressed by him that in 1925 a decree was given that allowed Santarelli to display the Royal Coat of Arms in his catalogues."

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You have to physically click the stars for it to count for my feedback. I have enclosed a photo of what it should look like on your end.