AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have several cola items I would love to have appraised. A

Customer Question

I have several coca cola items I would love to have appraised. A 1948 Tin advertising sign, a 1947 advertising poster and a desktop decoration which lights up and plays music when you press a button.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a tin sign that says Drink Coca Cola Ice Cold, Delicious and Refreshing. The sign is green. The drink coca cola ice cold is in red circle and delicious and refreshing is written in yellow at the bottom. There is some rust but it is in fairly good condition. I will send this to you and describe my poster in the next message.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The Coca Cola Advertising Poster is from 1940s. It says Hospitality Is in Your Hands and there is a woman holding a tray of coke bottles. The sign is in fair condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Those are the basics of the three items I have. Um going to church but would live to call and chat after. It will be a couple hours. Thank you so much.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help. Unfortunately, I don't have good news.

#1 This item is from 1989, not 1949--it's a reproduction--and is unfortunately in poor condition. Value $25.

#2 This one may be original, although I think it's possibly a later reproduction too. Either way, because the condition is so poor, it has virtually no value.

#3 A musical billboard bank from the late 20th/early 21st century. Value $30.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see this question remains "open." How can I help you further?

Jennifer