Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I discovered a tea pot apparently made of orange glaze clay

Customer Question

I discovered a tea pot apparently made of orange glaze clay that has a placed in the bottom for, I think, a fire. It looks quite old. There a white or cream colored textured images of faces in the top and characters of people holding various objects in the bottom. Again the images look quite old. Some one has carved Italy in the bottom.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It comes apart in to three pieces -- the base, which holds the pot, the pot and the top for the pot. I got it from a small estate sale with a few other antiques and collectibles.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Keiraknightly,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your teapot. It sounds interesting, however to be of best use to you, I'll need to see a picture of it.

Could you very kindly attach a photo and one of the mark on the bottom and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.