Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Painting by Constant Brochart #382.Would like to find out if

Customer Question

Painting by Constant Brochart #382.Would like to find out if it valuable. Belongs to a friend who is 91 years of age and was handed down by her grandfather who brought it with him when he immigrated to Canada . I t is oil on canvas 17" × 18" framed and matted. The size is the actual size of painting. It is of a youmg woman
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: That is all I can tell you at present but could get a photo of it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

What is the medium - oils, watercolors, etc.?

What size it it inches, not including the frame? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a photo of the front and another of any writing on the back.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris