Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda! This picnic basket is believed to be 100 years old,

Hi Glenda! This picnic basket is believed to be 100 years old, made of wicker and leather. The plates are enamel on metal (7), and the bottom of the little square china container reads "registered trade mark Adde Et Bascudas Et Mille Escaria" It is about 23.5" from handle to handle, and 12" in width, with a height of 8". There is a stamp in the leather claiming it to be made in London. We're not sure if all of the parts are original or pieced together. What can you tell me about this and its worth?

Hi
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.

.
The Basket is Antique 1910-20, made in England, ("registered trade mark Adde Et Bascudas Et Mille Escaria" ) this is Latin it means add a basket and a thousand dishes. It has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-250.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this, so I can get rated, then compensated from the site for my time.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Hello

I see you viewed the answer, just wonder if you need further help?

Glenda