rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Ed a large quantity of the pink depression glass from my

Customer Question

Ed a large quantity of the pink depression glass from my mother. I have identified a lot of the items, but there are several items I can't find. How do a get ahold of a reputable appraiser?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I would like to keep one of the patterns and sell the rest.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to cancel this account from justanswer. I am having an appraiser that will come to my home. There are just too many pieces to take that many pictures. So please refund my money as of today 1/1/2017!
Thank you
Sandra Burritt
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I understand completely. This service is more informal for those that are curious about their heirlooms and their value. An appraiser that comes to your home usually costs from $125 to $175 per hour, so this is why people with one or two items or a collection that is not highly valuable use this service instead.

Pink depression glass (1930-1939) currently is valued at from $10 to $30 per piece depending on the maker and pattern, as a general idea from what you have described.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!