rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am trying to find info on my casual dining China, Kayson's

Customer Question

I am trying to find info on my casual dining China, Kayson's Golden Rhapsody pattern 1961. How many pieces were released in the original setting.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's in great shape no chips, cracking, glaze is intact and no discoloration. I was told by local antique collector it valued around $800. I am more interested in knowing if I have all the pieces and I can't find much on it since it was made in Japan.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Wasn't in the attic, my grandmother gave time for a wedding gift. She had it since 1963 and didn't think it was worth much. I love the simplicity of the pattern though. That's all I can think of.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item/pattern and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

This is a set of porcelain in the Golden Rhapsody pattern made by Kayson's (actually an importer of items from China)

first introduced in 1961 and produced for about 15 years after that. The services were available through Sears and

other major department stores at the time, it would not be known exactly how many pieces were in the whole set.

Currently, a 5-piece place setting is valued at $25 to $30 per place setting and other serving pieces are valued at $15 to $30 each on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.