Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have three boxes of silver, most of which is plated, but I

Customer Question

I have three wood boxes of silver, most of which is plated, but I also have pieces marked sterling. One is a large slotted spoon in a felt sleeve with The Gorham Co., Fifth Avenue, New York, written on it. The spoon is in excellent condition with the hallmark of a lion, anchor and what appears to be a D. Stamped on it is Pat. 1915 Sterling. Is it of value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have a lot of silver tableware, that I know is well over 50 years old. I'm attached to it, and probably will not sell it, but I would like for my children to know it's value. I can't read the hallmarks very well and the only pattern I've found is for the Margaret Rose 1938 made by National Silver. I have 6 knives, 6 forks, 9 teaspoons and 6 small spoons that I'm not sure what they were used for.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience. You are asking about too many items in one question for me to take your question.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.
The add files feature works best if you add one pic, add something like PIC 1 in the text box, hit send, then do the next.
Once you do add pictures, give me some time to research.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.