rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Need to know the value of a Henredon Vienesse Draper china

Customer Question

Need to know the value of a Henredon Vienesse Dorothy Draper china cabinet from 1963. It is walnut, signed and in excellent condition with very slight wear due to age.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: It is a beautiful bombe style piece
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can see. Its pretty much in original condition. The inside is painted a cream color and has a beautiful interior.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the cabinet, any labels or marks and then give me some time to do proper research on value for you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can not get photos to load here

I got one photo of the stencil mark on the back.

The feature works best if you add one picture, add a word in the text box, then hit send and do the next one.

It does not 'batch upload' and I think that is what you might have tried to do at first.

I will save you too much more trouble. Can you verify that it looks something like this photo? Then I can proceed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Walnut

Got it, thanks. These were made in a few finishes.

This is a 1963 Dorothy Draper for Henredon bombe drawer breakfront

from their Viennese Collection in the walnut finish.

This breakfront has a retail value of $6,000 to $8,000.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com. I would not suggest Craigslist for a piece like this ( I have seen them sell for $500 on there!) because you do not have the right audience for designer furniture.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.