rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an umbrella holdèr that has been looked at by several

Customer Question

I have an umbrella holdèr that has been looked at by several antique dealers & the best "guess" I've gotten is it is between 1760 & 1840, Pewter with a copper bottom. It's from Italy or Australia. It is in perfect shape. I have had it in my family for close to 100-years but Noone knows where it's from or how much the value is. It is. A beautiful piece & I need to insure it. I need to get some information if possible on it.it stands around 16-18inches tall & has almost 12' inch mouth. The girl has beautiful detail & her dress is the 1st place I found the 21st markings. The others are inside the body of holder.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only image132853.jpg that came with the piece.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the umbrella stand and any marks, labels or writing. The marks are the most important because it will tell who what and when as well as what it is made of.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'm happy to help.

I'm not sure what happened, but this just reappeared on the page. Do you still wish to pursue valuation?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am still waiting on an a response. I attached a whole file of pictures but I never received any information.
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

I will answer here without the rest of the photos based on the only two pictures you have sent

(one close up of the girl and the side of the vase , none of the bottom or of any marks) .

The vase is an art nouveau period German/Austrian umbrella vase made of 800 purity silver (or silver plated)

with copper bottom from the 1890 to 1910 period. The value of this vase is $900 to $1100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks! Bonuses are also welcome!