Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

In 1976 or '77, I purchased 2 pen and ink drawings from the

In 1976 or '77, I purchased 2 pen and ink drawings from the young artist, Steven Besselman, at a craft fair in a Kroger parking lot in Spring, Texas. They are Glatzmier's Seafood Market on Old Market Square, and The Galveston Daily News Building. Several years later, he phoned me to ask if I would consider selling them back to him. I declined. I have no idea of their current worth. Can you help me with this? I paid $45 each for them.

Your Steven Besselman works can carry auction estimates of $150 - $200 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Hi~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only” at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you certain this is the correct price for these 2 originals? They are not copies. His works are in a collection at the university of Texas and hang in the Texas State Capitol.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oops! University of Houston.

Yes, quite so. Artist placement of works does not always predicate nor establish a higher value. I have a portrait painting my parents commissioned from an artist whose works were acquired for the White House during the Nixon administration, however my baby portrait is not that valuable :( In addition your artist is not heavily listed, so from a collector stand point he is not considered a 'household' name per se in the art world.

Sincerely,

Nora