Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

How can I found out what a painting might be worth? Thanks

How can I found out what a painting might be worth?
Thanks
Sherry Rice

Hello Sherry,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Your picture cam in the form of a large zip file. The site accepts individual photos in jpeg format.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am trying to follow the directions in your reply to upload single photos as you requested and it is not working. So I tried the email listed above***@******.*** to have them email you the pictures as you stated they would and it directs me nowhere!
I am not satisfied with paying $38.00 for this. Is this website a joke?I would appreciate someone emailing me back so that I can reply with the pictures please.Sherry Rice

Hi Sherry

No, this website is not a joke. I am sorry you are having difficulties. I tried the link to the email address for Support, above, and it works fine. It opens up an email screen addressed to them.

Please contact***@******.*** and someone will help you. Just click on the link or go to your email program and type in***@******.***.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I actually did send the pictures in Jpeg form last night @ 9:02pm per your instructions to***@******.*** to send to you! I am then assuming you have not received them since I have not heard anything about them.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I just re-sent the pictures again in Jpeg form to***@******.*** which is the email it gives when you click on the***@******.*** link above.
thanks Sherry Rice

Did you get an autoresponse from them saying they received your pictures and are forwarding them to me? If you don't get that response then they didn't get your email.

Please stay in touch with me. If you don't get a response from them, I need to know.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
They did reply and explained how to add the pictures. Im trying sending them to you now
Thank you

Thanks for the pictures, Sherry.

I can't make out the artist's name, from either the signature or the label on the back, which is sideways.

Can you read it?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you get this it says Bought by Jesse Carico in 1849

Thanks, ***** ***** you read the signature on the painting?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No ma'am we can't read it is there any way y'all have someone who can

I can try if you can get me a clear close-up picture of it.

Customer: replied 19 hours ago.
Sorry I got busy but here is a closer view maybe that will help

Thanks, Sherry!

No - not a chance of reading this. But, it's not a famous signature. So, we have to evaluate the painting on its own merits.

It is clearly a late 19th century harbor scene in a European location, possibly Switzerland or Austria. It's an interesting view, but both the painting and the frame have condition issues. You could have it restored, but that may turn out to be expensive.

In this condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your is approximately $300. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $120, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Sherry.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for your positive rating Sherry!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.

Best regards,

Judith-on-Antiques