Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What might be the value of a water color painting by Winslow

Customer Question

What might be the value of a water color painting by Winslow Homer titled House & Trees of Nassau , Glass covered and very old backing as it has been in the family for many years. It has a Homer signature ?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: This is why we were wondering if it might be valuable. A favor of a reply would be appreciated. Robert Allred
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: As it has a very old paper backing and frame ,I do not want to damage the backing any further.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not see an Add files feature, so I can send you a picture. Also I am only interested in the one week trial at no charge. Robert Allred ***@******.*** I found the add feature.
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 days ago.

I see the one picture of the painting. I would also need to see one of the signature and the back of the completed framing where there might be labels or writing. Add these other photos and I can work on this question in the morning because it is late here.