Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a FB Silver tea set and tray it is 50 or more years

Customer Question

I have a FB Rogers Silver tea set and tray it is 50 or more years old.. it has the tray it sits on and two tea pots sugar and creamer. On the bottom it says FB Rogers
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has been in my family for as long as I can remember and I am 54 yrs old. I'm sure it is solid silver
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your tea set. To tell whether it's solid silver or not, the surest way is to look at the Rogers mark and see if it says "STERLING". If it does, it's solid silver, if it doesn't it's silverplate.

If you'd like me to appraise it for you and give you a value, please could you attach some photos and one of the marks.

Also a photo of the mark on the tray (which is sometimes different).

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.