Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mother recently passed away, going through her boxes I

Customer Question

My mother recently passed away, going through her boxes I have found sets of candle holders with a 5 point crown symbol then a capital N below with Germany below that. I also found a complete set of tea cups and matching sauces in a pink delicate rose patterns with Edelstein Bavaria, Maria theresia the number 16793 and number 46 below it. I know my father was in Germany in the early 1950s. I continue to discover boxes of these in mint condition, Ido not believe they were taken out of some of the boxes. I am trying to research these for insurance purposes, or if they are worth insurancing?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Should I send pictures? I am not sure how to send them as my email address is not connected to my tablet and I am not a technology knowledgeable person. I can take the pictures and email them but do not know how to connect them to our conversation.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Here are some photo instructions.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternately, you can email to *****@******.*** and include a link to this question.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have tried to email the pictures. It is telling me it is not a valid email. I joined the just ask, paid with my VISA, and still can not get the photos link. Lost my phone yesterday on my way back from vacation and have to make a trip to the sprint store today, so I can't call currently. I thought I had a few minutes to unpack a few boxes before going to the phone store and going back to work. Uncovered the china that has consumed my morning. Great find beautiful, but WOW didn't realize it would take so long just to find out if I needed to insure it????? [email protected],com is not a valid email justask.com is not a valid email. Help...... Elaine

It's***@******.*** not justask.com.

Jennifer