Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Have a small, strange little carriage with a tricycle on

Have a small, strange little carriage with a tricycle on front, I guess a child's doll carriage? Or salesmans sample? approx 3.5-4 ft long and 2-3 ft high. What do you think for kijiji in southern Ontario? Can you tell me the approximate year? I have a photo but can't find how to attach.

This is an antique circa 1900 German child's tricycle with a seat for a doll as well. This can sell for $125 - $175 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Hi~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only” at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nora. Now that I have the carriage in my possession, it is quite a different size. It is approx 18" long maximum. So either a doll carriage or a salesmans sample. Do you know which? Would that change the value? I am still looking for a mark, but was told it came from England.

Doll carriage, most definitely and the valuation does remain the same.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Nora,
You gave me an estimate for this doll carriage item. Since that time, I have taken it to several antique dealers and experts, who have examined the carriage closely. They have all said that it is a reproduction and it is in fact worth under $20 Cdn. I am quite disappointed in your estimate and am respectfully ***** ***** a refund.
Thank you, Debra