rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a very large oil painting the signature is m Cruz it

Customer Question

I have a very large oil painting the signature is m b Cruz it looks like it is from the Phillipines is there a way to send pics and see if it is worth anything my wife is ready for it to go
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

This is an original painting that dates to the late 60's to early 1970's

and is likely from the Philipines since the name Cruz is a filipino last name.

This is not a listed, known and collected artist, this painting was more likely sold

as tourist art or wall decor rather than fine art. The painting has a current value of $30 to $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.