Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have some sterling silver flatware that belonged to my

Customer Question

I have some sterling silver flatware that belonged to my mother and some sterling silver plate flatware that belonged to my mother and my aunt and I was wondering ehat the value is and where I could possibly sell them
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I know the patterns and I have pictures of the items if that is helpful
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the pattern names/makers, number of pieces and photos will be very helpful. Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will send photos of silver bowls in a few minutes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would prefer to type
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here are the bowls
5737 is Reed & Barton
5738 is Poole Silver
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Reed & Barton has the number 106 on the bottom with a heart.
The Poole has some writing on the bottom that we can't make out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Are you still there?
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Are any of these marked 'sterling'?

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Reed & Barton knife, fork and spoon flatware. The others are sterling plate I think
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. The 30 piece set of sterling silver flatware by Reed & Barton can garner up to $600 - $800 on today's market. The silverplate bowls average about $10 - $15 each. The Rogers Eternally Yours set in box can reach $300 - $400. The Rogers Grapevine Spoon set could sell for up to $120. The best platform for selling these would be on Ebay. Though it may sound cliche, it is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora